The Red Cross is assisting seven adults and two children following a fire in an apartment building on Sunday morning.
The fire broke out around 10 a.m. at an apartment complex on Civic Center Drive near Cheyenne Avenue.
Firefighters with the North Las Vegas Fire Department arrived to find a fully involved fire which started on the second story. Crews were able to knock down the flames within 15 minutes.
According to NLVFD, no one was injured in the incident. Four of the eight apartments in the building were damaged.
NLVFD determined the fire was an accident and caused by unattended smoking. Investigators estimate the damage to be $100,000. One apartment is considered a complete loss and the others received minor damage. ... Read More