Our network

North Las Vegas doctor arrested for lewdness

A doctor in North Las Vegas has been arrested for lewdness.

Dr. Jorge Burgos was taken into custody at his office located in the 1800 block of East Lake Mead around 10:00 a.m. Wednesday. According to North Las Vegas Police, the lewdness investigation involves a patient.

Detectives in the case said allegations were made that on multiple occasions, the doctor inappropriately touched a patient. The 50-year-old faces multiple counts of open and gross lewdness.

This is an ongoing investigation and detectives with North Las Vegas Police are seeking any other possible victims.

Anyone with additional information regarding this case is urged to call the North Las Vegas Police Department at 702-633-9111 or, to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555.... Read More

6 people injured in North Las Vegas crash

Six people were injured following a rollover crash in North Las Vegas Monday morning. The crash occurred at approximately 10:20 a.m. at Commerce Street and Carey Avenue.

North Las Vegas Police say five vehicles are involved, including a motorcycle or scooter. The victims were taken to the hospital with conditions varying from serious to critical.

Police have shut down the intersection during their investigation.

8 News NOW will have more information as it becomes available.... Read More

NDOT to launch I-15 widening project

A groundbreaking ceremony takes place Monday to mark the start of a major construction project.

The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) will be widening I-15 between Craig Road and Speedway Boulevard.

The $34 million project will take place on a heavily traveled stretch of road; NDOT says this stretch sees more than 41,000 vehicles daily.

The project will expand a five-mile stretch of I-15 from four lanes to six lanes in both directions.

NDOT says traffic along this section of I-15 is expected to grow 71-percent by 2033. The project will improve safety and mobility and reduce travel times and congestion, according to NDOT.

Some drivers, however, say they think the project is unnecessary... Read More

Restaurant reopens after bed bug infestation

The restaurant in the Silver Nugget Hotel and Casino which was closed for a pest infestation Monday reopened Tuesday afternoon.

The Southern Nevada Health District confirmed a bed bug infestation at the Silver Nugget Hometown Kitchen restaurant after the bugs were discovered in several locations.

One woman's report of the bed bugs triggered a big response with a number of our viewers who claim they also dined at the restaurant and recently and received bites.

The health district did receive more complaints Tuesday. Two of them from women who said they noticed bites on their legs, neck and arms after dining there. Alice Armstrong had breakfast with her husband at the Silver Nugget before church Sunday morning.

"I felt it after I left the restaurant," Alice Armstrong said. "You know that sensation like you've been bit."

She says the itching, irritating feeling from the bites on her leg have become more irritated since Sunday morning... Read More

Restaurant at Silver Nugget closed; woman claims she got bed bugs

An itchy, crawly and painful discovery prompted an investigation at a local casino.

Barbi Stenstrom took to Facebook to share that she was bitten by bed bugs at the Silver Nugget Hotel and Casino in North Las Vegas, and since then, her post has been shared more than 23,000 times.

The restaurant in the Silver Nugget where Stenstrom says she contacted the bed bugs has since been closed. However, the time length for the possible bug infestation is unknown.

Whether or not it has spread to other parts of the casino is also unknown. In the meantime, Stenstrom says she's still recovering from the painful bites.

Stenstrom said she was taking a video of her kids while they were eating in the restaurant when all of a sudden, she felt something on her legs.

"I noticed that my legs started to sting, and I looked down, and I had a welt," Stenstrom said.

From that moment, Stenstrom says things got worse... Read More

Report details how murder suspect escaped, was recaptured; suspect claims self-defense

The shooting happened on Aug. 28 in the parking lot of a McDonald's located at 3010 Las Vegas Boulevard.

When North Las Vegas Police officers arrived at the scene, the victim, Mohammad Nestor-Robinson was found lying in the Walgreens parking lot next door to the Mc Donald's.

According to the arrest report, Nestor-Robinson ended up in the Walgreens parking lot because he took off running during the shooting. Officers said as Nestor-Robinson laid on the ground he could be heard saying," I shouldn't have called her a b^$*#."

Nestor-Robinson told North Las Vegas Police he had been in an argument with Perez and a woman before he was shot. Right after the shooting, a silver four-door sedan, later revealed as the vehicle Perez was in, was seen fleeing the area by numerous people.

So what sparked the argument?... Read More

$100K bail for homicide suspect accused of escaping police

A Las Vegas judge cited community safety and increased bail to $100,000 for a Nevada homicide suspect who was re-arrested four days after authorities say he broke a set of handcuffs and escaped from a police interviewing room.

Alonso Perez said nothing during an initial court appearance Thursday focusing on other criminal charges he faces stemming from another case.

Defense lawyer Julia Murray says he plans to plead not guilty.

Perez will make another initial appearance in a North Las Vegas court on charges of murder, use of a firearm, escape and auto theft charges.

The 25-year-old Perez also uses the name Alfonso Perez.

He is accused of fatally shooting 31-year-old Mohammed Robinson on Aug. 27 outside a North Las Vegas fast-food restaurant... Read More