Dozens of motorists in North Las Vegas ended up on the naughty list close to Christmas for failing to yield to pedestrians.
North Las Vegas traffic officers conducted a "Pedestrians Can Walk Safely" event targeting drivers who failed to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk and pedestrians who failed to utilize marked crosswalks.
Officers issued 156 citations and gave 27 verbal warnings. The violations were:
- 54 - failure to yield to pedestrian/driver violations
- 14 - driver's license violations
- 10 - registration violations
- 3 - equipment violations
- 10 - insurance violations
- 21 - speed violations
- 20 - miscellaneous violations