Seventeen Magnet Schools Recognized by National Group | Education & Schools
A national magnet school organization has recognized 17 of the magnet schools in the Clark County School District.
The Magnet Schools of America or MSA recognized the schools for their overall excellence in programs and achievement.
Seven CCSD schools were named a School of Excellence, the highest designation. The schools include:
- Advanced Technologies Academy
- Jim Bridger Middle School
- James Cashman Middle School
- Ed W. Clark High School
- Rancho High School
- Southwest Career and Technical Academy
- Valley High School.
Ten more schools were given the second highest designation of School of Distinction. Those schools were:
- Walter Bracken STEAM Academy
- Kit Carson International Academy
- East Career and Technical Academy
- Hyde Park Middle School
- K.O. Knudson Middle School
- Jo Mackey Academy of Leadership and Global Communication
- Roy Martin Middle School
- Sandy Searles Miller Academy for International Studies
- Veterans Tribute Career and Technical Academy
- West Career and Technical Academy.
In all CCSD has 25 schools that are either magnet school or career and technical academies. The schools offer specialized programs for students who have chosen a specific career path.