Boys & Girls Clubs Offer Summer Programs for All Ages | Parents & kids
School is over for most kids, which leaves a lot of parents wondering how to occupy their time during the summer.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Henderson is offering several options for parents at a reasonable price. There are clubs and partner programs around the Las Vegas Valley, from Southern Highlands to North Las Vegas.
The summer program has specially designed activities for all ages, from 5 to 18 years old. The hours at most locations are from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Most locations start their summer programs Monday and continue through Friday, August 24. Registration is open throughout the summer. It is either $10 or $20 per child depending on the age of the children. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. No child will be turned away for an inability to pay.
There are several different types of activities from arts and crafts to computers and a teen lounge. The clubs also offer field trips for kids 13 to 18 years old. The clubs offer themed weeks focusing on cultures from around the world. Kids are encouraged to explore and learn about a culture’s language, history, food, music and art.
The Summer Program is available at the six permanent Boys & Girls Clubs of Henderson locations and three outreach partner programs.
- John C. Kish Club, 401 Drake St., Henderson, 702-565-6569
- Marker Club, 1030 Center St., Henderson, 702-565-1493
- Mary and Sam Boyd Club, 1608 Moser Dr., Henderson, 702-565-2674
- Montandon Club, 2627 Donna St., North Las Vegas, 702-564-7378
- Southern Highlands Club, 10900 Southern Highlands Pkwy., Las Vegas, 702-534-0504
- Apache Pines Club, 9552 West Tropicana Ave., Las Vegas, 702-248-9502
- Alexander Dawson School, 10845 West Desert Inn Rd., Las Vegas, 702-565-6568
- Harris Elementary School, 3620 So. Sandhill Rd., Las Vegas, 702-565-6568
- St. Anne Catholic School, 1813 So. Maryland Pkwy., Las Vegas, 702-565-6568
The outreach program at St. Anne Catholic School starts June 13. The program at Harris Elementary School starts June 28, and Alexander Dawson School starts June 25.
A free lunch and snack is available at the Boyd, Kish, Marker and Montandon clubs.
For information or registration, visit www.bgchenderson.org.